ACN’s board of directors is supported by committees who help execute our strategic plan and goals.
To learn more about serving on an ACN committee, please contact the committee chair or Tricia Fusilero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee is responsible for providing financial insight and recommendations into ACN's operations and strategic initiatives. Its general areas of interest and responsibility involve participating in and supporting sponsorship, membership, programming, marketing and organizational strategy (short and long-term) initiatives.
• Continue providing financial insight and recommendations regarding all aspects of ACN’s membership, programming, marketing and sponsorship activities
• Consistently monitor the current and projected financial standing of ACN to ensure the financial health of the organization
• Collaborate with all functions across ACN to assess the financial implications for all strategic and operational initiatives that are considered and inform decisions that are ultimately made
Governance Committee Purpose & Plans for FY21
The committee is responsible for ensuring that there is a sound governance structure in place, that the organization is in legal compliance and good standing, and that the governing board is carrying out its work effectively.
• Develop content for Annual Board Member Orientation to be delivered on July 17
• Develop Annual Committee Member Orientation
• Legal and functional review of the ACN Bylaws
• Collaborate with Membership Committee on membership category alignment
• Execute Annual Board Nomination and Election Process
• Explore options for a board self-assessment process to inform opportunities for ongoing board development
Communications Committee Purpose & Plans FY21
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN's brand and messaging is consistent in all outreach and across all channels. Its general areas of interest and responsibility are print marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, website maintenance and public relations. The Communications Committee also works closely with other committees to assure brand and messaging is consistent across all ACN outreach.
• Make the website more user-friendly for members, prospective members and nonprofits
• Implement analytics tracking system
• Develop a comprehensive ACN Brand Guide
Membership Committee Purpose & Plans for FY21
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to develop an annual plan to attract new ACN members and retain current members. The committee is responsible for setting attainable goals for the year.
• Add 2 Members/Ambassadors to Committee
• Conduct Virtual Monthly New Member Welcome Presentations
• Invite Prospective Members to Join/Attend
• Identify & Recommend Additional Membership Benefits/Features
• Conduct Coffee and/or Networking Events for Potential Member
• Grow Membership by 10%
• Achieve 90% Member Retention Rate
Nonprofit Relations Committee Purpose & Plans for FY21
The purpose of the committee is to widen the nonprofit sector's awareness of ACN and the resources available to nonprofits that operate in the greater Chicagoland area and beyond. The sector can be defined as nonprofit organizations, nonprofit consultants, private and public sector stakeholders, donors to nonprofits, professional organizations, and local government.
• Continue to strengthen relationships with current Nonprofit Partners
• Add 2-3 Nonprofit Partners in the Chicagoland area
• Create content to meet the goals of the committee
• Help NPs understand the role consultants can play in supporting and growing their organization
• Help NPs better understand how to engage consultants
• Help remove barriers for NPs to engage consultants
Program Committee Purpose & Plans for FY21
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN offers its members and guests a series of programs that enhance understanding of the nonprofit sector and provide relevant professional development content that benefits members' consulting practices. The committee is responsive to Board directives and input from members gathered through post-program questionnaires and surveys.
• Determine programming topics and formats our members need in a COVID-19 world
• Work with other committees to ensure programs:
• are relevant to ACN members
• provide valuable networking opportunities
• help impact the sector
• support ACN’s core mission
• Continue engaging with ACN members and consultants in Chicagoland suburbs
• Explore more ways to use virtual and in-person events to support partnerships
• Re-evaluate programming delivery as the community adapts and adjusts to new realities
Strategic Planning Ad Hoc Task Force Purpose & Plans for FY21
The task force will provide guidance to the ACN board on development of a new strategic plan process and document for the organization.
• Field and Analyze Member Needs Survey
• Continue to support Board and Committees in COVID-period Strategic Thinking and Planning
• When possible, shift support to planning for post COVID period and development of new Strategic Plan
• Task Force members have agreed to serve beyond initial 6 month commitment